Thursday, September 20, 2007

Presentations given on Sept 19

The presentations were good but I had trouble getting alot out of them. But I did see the value of rhetoric and how it applies to writing and computers. Rhetoric was defined in one presentation as "meaningless language as a means to impress". When using computers to write no one can "hear" an author's tone of voice. The author must use his/her words to impress the reader. Other examples of rhetoric was body language and warning sounds.

Before I took this class I had no idea what hyper text was. Now I am slowly beginning to understand its importance to the cyber world. You really can't have a website without it. The cool thing is that the hypertext is created while you are creating your site. I didn't know it but hypertext can even include links to audio and visual enhancements.

1 comment:

Erin M. said...

Hurrah - the hypertext seal has been broken! I'm glad that you're pleased with the information provided by the presentations, so jolly good job!